Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How to fix issue with "Nothing to compile." message


The problem:


If you using yeoman and grunt and compile your stylesheets with compass, you can come across the message:

"Nothing to compile. If you're trying to start a new project, you have left off the directory argument.
Run "compass -h" to get help."



Even if message says: "Done, without errors", you probably get not compiled sass or scss files. This situation happened to me. Like always in that case I've start googling. I found some solution but each doesn't help me well.


Solution for problem.


Because I can't find solution I'm trying to ask people in this issue on GitHub:

After asking I'm still not give and searching for solution. I found thread on StackOverflow which was correct answer for my problem here:

The solution is removing or changing path if it includes "[" and "]" characters in name.

Like always StackOverflow and them community helped me. So if you don't know SO yet You should remember this site fast.


P.S. Few minutes later author of issue on GitHub answer to me. He had the same problem with brackets in project path :)

No comments :

Post a Comment